Are you looking for variation to beat the daily routine? A secure working environment with flexible working hours, interesting prospects and flat hierarchies? Then become part of our team. Our software helps insurers in more than 30 countries to effectively manage their customers’ policies. We are looking for a new
Mathematician – Career entry into life insurance (m/f/d)
with the leading provider of software, advice and cloud solutions for insurance companies
Cologne, Germany-wide (partially remote), Hamburg, Leinfelden-Echterdingen (near Stuttgart), Munich | Permanent Full-time
- You will conceptualise and implement needs-based actuarial application solutions for life insurers as part of a specific project
- After your onboarding, you will work in a team and in close coordination with our customers in your new role; your potential fields of responsibility will vary between consulting and software development
- You will gradually take on more responsibility and make an active contribution to the functional and technical specifications of our software products
- You will actively apply the technical expertise you currently have and implement the predefined requirements in the programming code
- You will be actively involved in all application test phases
- You will use your technical expertise to strategically advance current issues and topics relating to life insurance and life insurance technology
- University degree in mathematics, mathematics for business or a similar qualification
- Ideally, you have built up basic knowledge and experience in the field of actuarial mathematics for life insurance through studies, internships or early professional work
- You have a good knowledge of programming and basic experience in software development (C, C++ or Java)
- You take an analytical approach; you have the ability to rigorously analyse complex situations, structure them and formulate them succinctly
- You have excellent social skills, enjoy working in a team, have a strong focus on the needs of the customer and exude an air of confidence
- You are interested in challenging, diverse tasks in an environment characterised by personal freedom
- You have good English and German for international roles as well as the flexibility to carry out your work on the premises of our customers on a case-by-case basis
Your start at msg life
- Your start at msg life will be accompanied by an onboarding program over a few days throughout the first year. Additionally you will have a mentor from the specific department by your side in order to answer all your questions during your training.
- Also we will enable you to work at home by providing excellent technical equipment in order for our employees to work at the office as well as at home (approx. 50 percent home office).
- You are welcome to contribute to the company with your own ideas, your know how and your experience. We work in teams, in which you can bring in your strengths for challenging tasks and customer or inhouse projects. We will configure your individual personnel development right from the first day on.
Flexible working model
Working hours based on trust, ‘Flexi’ account, travelling time = working time
Individual development opportunities
Seminars, coaching sessions, development meetings
Working from home
Flexible Zusammenarbeit - im Büro und von zu Hause
Bicycle leasing for corporate and private use
Good transport connection
You can access our offices easily via public transport, car or bicylce.
Modern working environment
Flexible workstations, fresh fruit, free drinks
Onboarding programme over several days during the introductory phase
30 days of annual leave, good balance between work and family
Your contact for further queries:
Ms Sandra Romahn
Tel.: +49 711 94958-0
Applications are usually responded to within five working days.
You can now apply via video! Choose this option on the application form and create your application video.